Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thursday Trifecta

Hard to beat a night like tonight if you're a sports fan in the Burgh. But how to manage the remote? What to watch?

Clearly the Steelers will take priority when they come on the air around 8. The question will be: do I catch the start of either the Pitt or Pens game, each starting at 7, then catch the end on Tivo after the Steelers game or even tomorrow morning (for me, it will be possible to go until morning without knowing the outcome of either), or totally ignore the start to the two games and focus on the Steelers full bore and then catch the others later?

It's a tough question (and one that will require almost all the resources of my two Tivos/DVRs) and one that I'll be working through the rest of the afternoon. My initial plan as of now is to catch the start of the Pitt/Duke game then tune to the Steelers and leave the Pens until later or tomorrow morning. But that could bet blown up come 7 - we'll see.

I figure the Pitt/Duke game is more compelling at this point than game # 34 or whatever for the Pens. But it's tough.

I know at least one good thing for tonight: no Deion/Marshall Faulk teaming with Gumbel in the NFL Network booth. Thank god Colinsworth is back, though Gumbel is still horrible.

No comments: