Sunday, March 23, 2008

Collier Excited for Baseball

Gene Collier at the PG sums things up nicely:

Baseball season is here, just don't hit the snooze button
The major portion of the baseball season, by which I mean the part still contested outside of Congress, actually begins in about 48 hours, with the first pitch planned for Tuesday at 6:07 a.m. EDT.

Could I make that up?

Since I'm usually up then anyway reading scripture (sure), I plan to tune in as Daisuke Matsuzaka of the Boston Red Sox twirls the first pitch of the 2008 season in the Tokyo Dome against the Oakland A's.



Nothin' says national pastime, seems to me, like a predawn first inning from half a world away, unless it's a post-midnight ninth inning in a four-hour World Series rout, or a dead-of-winter lament like Rep. Elijah Cummings telling Roger Clemens, "It's hard to believe you sir; you're one of my heroes, but it's hard to believe you."

No comments: